RSS

Post-Holiday Recovery

Unlike alot of people I know, I had to work today. I have never partaken in the Black Friday madness.. and its usually MADNESS! I work across from a mall and the parking lot was bananas when I arrived at 8:30 a.m. Just thinking about all those people pushing and shoving down the aisles of Target drives me up the wall.

But I'm sitting here struggling to hold on. I definitely overate yesterday. I usually feast in moderation, but yesterday was different. I visited three separate families since I live thousands of miles away from my family. I've never done that before and I definitely failed to pace myself accordingly! Everything looked so yummy - as my grandma would've said, my eyes were bigger than my stomach.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who ate too much yesterday. I had planned to work out after work, but alas, I forgot my gym shoes at home. I will get back on my gym routine tomorrow. This definitely shows that, if I want to avoid unnecessary weight gain, I have to be dilligent around holiday time. Especially since the next holiday is only weeks away.

0 comments: