RSS

New Year's Resolutions

Instead of waiting until Thursday, I decided to start my New Year's resolutions yesterday. I figured that Monday was a better day to start new goals than Thursday. Besides, most of my goals aren't new. I've just started and quit them a few times but need to finally 'get 'er done'.

Goals for the new year:
  • Continue to grow my business (an exciting promotion is in the works)
  • Lose 20 pounds
  • Expand my social network
  • Meet my future husband (why is this so hard to say out loud?)

I've been reading up on how to effectively network, how to get past social anxiety/shyness, and the like. I've also been working on the Black Girl Tees website. Its been down for a while, but I just didn't realize how daunting a task it is to move from one hosting company to another. That's definitely a new business owner lesson learned! My goal is to have it finished by Jan 1 so that I can announce the new promotion. I doubt that I'll make it though. I still have to find a dress and shoes for New Year's Eve as well as a purple dress for a program I'm attending on Saturday.

Yesterday I started my gym regimen again. I usually build up the return to the gym as this huge thing in my mind, so that I irrationally believe that that return workout will be painful, I'm very out of shape and it'll be pretty difficult to get back into the swing of things. But it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd imagined it'd be. Also, I chose two activities for this week - First Fridays for networking, and a club I've been meaning to check out on Saturday. While I admit that nightclubs aren't the best places to go out and meet eligible men, I know I need to get out of the house before I turn into the crazy cat lady. Besides, all work and no play makes Prosechild a very dull girl.

What are your New Year's resolutions for 2009? What are your plans to accomplish these goals?

1 comments:

Itiel said...

Meet my future husband (why is this so hard to say out loud?)

I would like to stay posted on this. I've been married for 14 years, and our love for each other continues to grow.

I am an advocate for marriage, for those who want to be. So I hope the best for you.

It is work, but worth it, and beautiful with the right person.