RSS

Rest = beauty

Lately I've been feeling like I'm going going going. I went out Friday night, had to work on Saturday then went to a friend's "Martinis and Karaoke" night. I had so much fun during this weekend, so today I chilled with my homegirl and did absolutely nothing. I had never seen Moulin Rouge so she insisted that we watch it. The movie was good and right up my alley.

But I was still a little bugged at my lack of productivity. Sometimes, "resting your nerves", as granny used to say, is as good as giving yourself a beauty treatment. Every black woman I know is working with a full plate.. or two, or three. We don't take enough time to rest our bodies, our minds, our spirits. We put everyone else first and by the time we get to ourselves, there's not much left. That's why I decided to make Sundays the day for my beauty routine. So today I paused for the cause and let myself be at ease. I still didn't feel totally guitless about it. The to-do list always beckons.

Before we know it, it'll be Christmas, then New Year's, then time to work on those resolutions that we hope to keep this year. Taking time for myself isn't a bad thing. The more I think of it, the more I need to work it in. I should add "resting my nerves" to the to-do list!

I hope you had a beautful day, no matter how you spent it.

0 comments: