RSS

Yesterday's Twitter conversation

ReverendDrDash Is it really wrong to want my Princess Charming to magically appear and sweep me off of my feet?

prosechild@ReverendDrDash not wrong, maybe not 100% realistic though. Women have been waiting for that for yrs

ReverendDrDash@prosechild Men have the numbers advantage that women don't.

prosechild@ReverendDrDash true... But quantity doesn't always = quality.

ReverendDrDash@prosechild But a deeper pool of applicants increases the chance for Princess Charming actually existing.

prosechild@ReverendDrDash very good point. But if she's a princess, shouldn't you be doing the sweeping? Is that why u asked if it was wrong?

ReverendDrDash@prosechild It's 2009, and I think it is time for the princesses to start putting in work for a change.

prosechild@ReverendDrDash good luck with that. There are too many men with that mentality nowadays IMO. 2009 doesn't mean a lady should pursue.

ReverendDrDash@prosechild And why not? If men and women are equals, women should also pursue their men.

prosechild@ReverendDrDash b/c the goals aren't the same. Guys I know with that attitude are playas. Women I know who pursue want to settle down.

prosechild@ReverendDrDash call me old-fashioned but some gender roles shouldn't be done away with.

ReverendDrDash@prosechild Gender roles should be malleable in my opinion. Women seem to want things the way they were in some cases but do not bring..cont

ReverendDrDash@prosechild Bring a lot of the skills to the table that their foremothers did.

prosechild@ReverendDrDash but that goes both ways. Most men dont have same skills as their forefathers AND we have to pursue you now

ReverendDrDash@prosechild I think it gets exaggerated on the male side. I know few men who can't take care of home, but women who can't boil water are...

prosechild@ReverendDrDash taking care of home isn't just cookin and cleanin. Also keepin it in ur pants and bein strong head of household.

ReverendDrDash@prosechild The current generation can't even play house let alone, actually make a home with willing man.

prosechild@ReverendDrDash what age r u talkin about? I have tons of friends who can do better than just 'play'

ReverendDrDash@prosechild My crew is mid to late 20s.

prosechild@ReverendDrDash ok. Couple yrs older than u. Our problem is not lack of skills but willing partners

(this reply after I had signed off:)
ReverendDrDash@prosechild The interpersonal skills are often an issue as well.


This is what I get for holding a discussion across the internet with someone I don't know.

I felt like I didn't really get my point across... I also feel like I'm looking at relationships and dating in the wrong light. I happened to talk to my older brother after this conversation, and of course he hit me with "focus on God and everything else will fall into place". I'm not saying that that advice is not valid... I just feel like we've been socialized to 'work' for the things we want, so sitting still and trusting that the man for me will just walk into my life takes a degree of patience and faith that I have yet to cultivate.

I dunno... I wish that relationships weren't on my brain so much. But I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of being single, and want the best for not only myself but also for my single girlfriends.

0 comments: